Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Magnetic nail polish.






I ordered this magnetic nail polish a few weeks ago and had actually forgotten about it until a friend asked me how it was. So I figured I needed to try it out and let her know.

The polish is Nails Inc., and it's not an American brand. The directions were in French. So I headed to Google to figure out how to work the magnetic magic.

The directions were simple. Paint one coat and let dry (see first pic). Then paint a second coat on one nail and immediately hold the magnet in the lid of the polish over the nail. That didn't work out for me so well. The magnet is supposed to pull the metal pieces in the polish to the surface and make a cool design. But the magnet is flat and my nails are curved so I basically got a big blob of metal in the middle of my nail. After that, I started moving the magnet around to see what I could come up with in regards to design.

It was really cool to see the polish change after having the magnet about it. A couple nails came out really neat and a couple didn't. I think I could benefit with practice. Overall, I really liked the polish and the idea. It was difficult to get a picture that accurately showed what the nails looked like. So I just posted several. My apologies for the one extra blurry picture. Blogger has decided that I'm not allowed to delete it for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment