Saturday, October 8, 2011

Grey checkerboard

I wanted to try a full checkerboard mani with a couple grey polishes I'd recently picked up. The colors are OPI Moon Over Mumbai and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Gunmetal.

I was not a huge fan of the OPI as an all over color. It's a bit sheer for me although I haven't tried it over another shade.

I started with the OPI and Seche Vite. After that dried, I taped off all my nails as shown and painted the open corner with the Gunmetal.

I gave that a couple minutes before pulling off the tape and applying another coat of Seche Vite. Then I reapplied the tape to open the opposite corner and repeated.


I really did love this manicure even with the nail tip show through. I liked the subtlety of the greys although I wish I would have done my ring finger the opposite way. I'm a huge fan of an accent nail. I will definitely repeat this with new colors.

And a shout out to my newest follower even though Blogger isn't showing me who it is! I have a feeling I know... Check out the links I've posted of my friend's blogs as well. They are incredibly creative and talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment